Asked in Civil Litigation, Consumer Law and Real Estate Law for Texas

Q: Need to know what law it falls under to file a suit against a police department a real estate agent and a mobile home

Mover. Please department for a failure to I don't know protect somebody when they tried to file multiple reports of being stalked raped Drugged ect.

Real estate agent for ethics for calling me causing me to be homeless with 2 children. Stealing thousands of dollars worth of merchandise and materials Shouting out my personal information in front of God and everybody For example the amount that I was being paid or had been paid that day knowing that I had a stalker as well as knowing the information she knew because she had me followed by a private invescalator and failure to tell me of the people who were trying to cause me harm. I also need to file against the mobile home mover who destroyed my home after taking 3 months to deliver it he did not even tie it down it is literally just sitting on some bricks not it's not even it's not anything

2 Lawyer Answers
John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: You can not sue the Police unless you have established a "special relationship." That has not happened in your matter. Unfortunately, the police have no legal obligation to make a report, investigate, or arrest anyone. Believe it or not, that's the law.

On the Real Estate broker(agent), if they did disclose private information, or otherwise had a written agreement with you, they must keep it private. You may have a lawsuit there. However, what damages or losses have you sustained because of the RE agent's actions? Very Important to show loss or harm.

On the mobile home mover, if they were paid to move your home and they damaged it, they must make you whole. You need to get a lawyer to make an insurance claim and also get a real estimate for your damages.

Good Luck!

Jaime Victor Papa
Jaime Victor Papa
  • Plano, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: There may be some claims here. I need to learn more. I have a couple cases in my pipeline with prospective clients asking me to sue the police department on their behalf.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.