Duluth, GA asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Georgia

Q: I will like to know how to seek legal representation about a situation I recently had regarding wrongful termination

I will like to know how to seek legal representation about a situation I recently had regarding wrongful termination by retaliation. I made a complaint to my manager regarding the passive-aggressive behavior and possible discrimination of a QA lead. Unfortunately, the very next day, I was terminated from my position. I firmly believe that my termination was in direct retaliation for my complaint and a violation of my legal rights.

1 Lawyer Answer
Randy Bryan Ligh
Randy Bryan Ligh

A: Use the Justia Find a Lawyer tab and search for employment and/or labor law attorneys in your area---call a few for a consultation and then proceed accordingly. Some of the lawyers will charge you for a consult and others may not so I would find that out when you first contact them. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.