Jacksonville, FL asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Litigation for Kentucky

Q: Transfer venue to avoid a delayed trial

I filed 5motions. 1 contempt for interfering with child's therapeutic relationship. (parties ordered to comply with therapist recommendations. Mother refuses to do so and removed child from therapy)2 contempt for failing to produce child for scheduled visitation. ( Mother is letting child dictate schedule) 3 motion to order mom to undergo psychological evaluation. (Mother has mental illness refuses to be treated for condition) 4 motion to modify visitation (seeking primary residential custody due to contemptuous and parental misconduct)

Case has been pending for over 6mo in Oldham county. When I asked for an expedited hearing the judge said she would issues an order. That was in October. Because it's a child custody matter and parents have constitutional rights to they kids, is it proper, as a matter of due process, to ask Oldham county to transfer my case to another forum. where it can be readily disposed of. My case originated in Jefferson Co.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: The facts as you set them out do not support a change of venue. There is a backlog of cases already in the jurisdiction you mentioned still waiting for adjudication. It takes a while to get a decision.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.