Upper Sandusky, OH asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Ohio

Q: What are my rights as far as child support? I wanted a civil dissolution but now ex hasn't helped in 4 months.

My ex moved out in May. He stopped paying on the car i drive months ago and we had an agreement for him to help financially weekly but he stopped back in November and only has our 2 kids overnight 2 times a week. Now he is moving in with his current girlfriend who has 4 kids, 2 seniors 2 freshman, and lives 30 miles away who I have not met. What are my options im lost and struggling i only work part time.

1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If you are married, you should file for divorce and seek a temporary child support and spousal support award as part of your filing. If you are not married, you should go to your county's child support enforcement office to obtain an administrative child support award.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.