Pasadena, TX asked in Social Security for Texas

Q: I have never gotten my ID, birth certificate or SSN and my father is not on my BC and my mother is in Mexico & cant help

I have never gotten an ID, only have a photocopy of my birth certificate which isn't even valid to help me get my ID, and I've never had a Social Security card either. I know my number though. My dad isn't on my birth certificate but he wouldn't even bother to help, and my mom would like to help but she can't even cross the border so she can't really do much. I've been struggling with this forever , I am already 22 years old with no form of ID. I can't get anywhere in this world without them.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: As a 22 year old adult with the information you have, you can order as many certified copies of your birth certificate as you’d like and can order a replacement social security card.

These are relatively simple tasks and do not require your parents’ assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.