South Bend, IN asked in Family Law and Probate for Ohio

Q: My children were born at home in the US (Ohio). How can I get birth certificates for them?

Unassisted home birth, no medical records. Baptismal records exist. More than 1 year since birth.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Please follow the steps below to file the certificate:

Download and fill out the New Born Birth Certificate Packet

Gather required documentation. See page 1-9 of the New Born Birth Packet

Contact the Vital Statistics Registrar at (513)732-7499 to schedule an appointment to file a home birth certificate.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.