Manteca, CA asked in Family Law and Legal Malpractice for California

Q: I’ve been mistreated by a family law attorney, I need a attorney to help with that in San Joaquin county. What do I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Legal Malpractice Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you feel that you have been mistreated by a family law attorney in San Joaquin County, California, there are a few steps you can take:

Contact the California State Bar: The California State Bar investigates complaints of attorney misconduct, including allegations of unethical behavior. You can file a complaint against the attorney online or by mail.

Consider contacting another attorney: If you believe that your former attorney acted unethically or violated your rights, you may want to consider contacting another attorney. An attorney can advise you on your legal options and help you take legal action if necessary.

Research local attorney disciplinary organizations: There may be local organizations in San Joaquin County that handle attorney disciplinary matters. These organizations may be able to provide you with guidance and assistance in filing a complaint against the attorney.

Contact legal aid organizations: If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, there may be legal aid organizations in San Joaquin County that can provide you with free or low-cost legal assistance. These organizations may be able to help you file a complaint against the attorney or pursue other legal remedies.

It's important to take action if you feel that you have been mistreated by an attorney. By filing a complaint or seeking legal assistance, you can help ensure that your rights are protected and that the attorney is held accountable for their actions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.