Niagara Falls, NY asked in Landlord - Tenant for New York

Q: Would like to sue my old landlord for emotional distress and harrassment

I was evicted had 30 days to try to get my things at my place called and texts went unanswered.he now wants to charge me 500.00 too gain access to get my things.i was within my right of the 30days.his action is crude heartless.i feel I should not have to pay to get my things even though I was within my 30 days and he is the one who prolonged it.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steven Warren Smollens
Steven Warren Smollens
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Dear Niagara Falls Tenant

Would you prefer to lose all your left behind possessions? This is your choice right now. You could sue your cruel heartless former landlord for $500 in Small Claims Court after you have your property.

Tim Akpinar and Daniel Michael Luisi agree with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.