Sacramento, CA asked in Foreclosure for California

Q: My deseased mothers home is in foreclosure Can I apply vivid relief to her morgage

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Foreclosure Defense Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It's not entirely clear what you mean by "vivid relief." However, if your deceased mother's home is in foreclosure, you may have some legal options to try to prevent the foreclosure or delay the sale of the property.

One option would be to work with the mortgage company to try to negotiate a loan modification or other form of relief that would allow you to keep the home. This could involve adjusting the terms of the loan to make the monthly payments more affordable or extending the length of the loan to make it easier to pay off.

You may also want to consult with an attorney who specializes in foreclosure law to discuss your options. An attorney can help you understand your rights and the legal process for foreclosure in California, and can advise you on the best course of action based on the facts of your case.

It's important to act quickly if you want to prevent the foreclosure of your mother's home, as the foreclosure process in California can move quickly. You may want to contact the mortgage company as soon as possible to discuss your options and to see if you can work out a plan to avoid foreclosure.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.