Louisville, KY asked in Cannabis & Marijuana Law, Family Law and Child Custody for Kentucky

Q: Can my baby’s father get visitation after possession and intent to sell of Marijuana?

My baby’s father has been inconsistent since I got pregnant, we were never together. He was charged with possession of Marijuana and intent to sell 6 months ago in Indiana (we live in Louisville, KY) and is on probation, he is also unemployed and we suspect he is still selling. He has seen her 5 times in her 13 months of life. He has not made any effort other than that and is now trying to request visitation of her through my partner and I. Would they give him visitation and if we took him to court? What should we do in this situation? My daughter lives with my Fiancé and I in our home and has everything she needs and more, we are just trying to protect her and we are at a loss with what to do in this situation.

1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY
  • Licensed in Kentucky

A: Yes. He could still get visitation. I would do nothing snd make him take you to court. Then you can impeach him with all the drug convictions snd ammo you have.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.