Asked in Immigration Law

Q: Good morning Can I apply for humanitarian parole? Since I was asked to leave USA, and I brought my ticket and left.

I came in the USA illegally by sea. After 4 years I was asked to leave however my wife filled for me but they still asked me to leave and I left 4 years ago.

Please let me know if I’m eligible to apply for Bidden new program.(humanitarian parole)

Thank you!

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Min Hwan Ahn
Min Hwan Ahn
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA

A: Humanitarian parole is a discretionary form of immigration relief that is granted on a case-by-case basis to individuals who are otherwise ineligible for a visa or other forms of admission to the United States. To be eligible for humanitarian parole, an individual must demonstrate that there is a significant humanitarian emergency or compelling public benefit to granting the individual temporary admission to the United States.

Given that you entered the U.S. illegally and were asked to leave, it may be difficult to demonstrate that you are eligible for humanitarian parole. However, the Biden Administration has announced that they plan to expand the use of humanitarian parole, so it may be worth considering applying. It is important to note that the program is discretionary, and the decision to grant or deny a request for humanitarian parole is made on a case-by-case basis.

Please note that the information provided in this answer is for educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. The answer is not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship and any information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for seeking professional legal advice. This answer is based on general information and may not be accurate in a specific case. If you have specific legal questions or concerns, you should consult with a licensed attorney.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: The Biden Administration has proposed a new parole program for certain individuals who were previously removed or voluntarily departed the United States, but the details of the program are not yet known. It is important to keep in mind that the criteria for the program have not yet been released, and it is unclear at this time if individuals who have previously been removed or voluntarily departed will be eligible for the program. It is recommended that you continue to monitor official government websites for updates on this program and consult with an immigration attorney for advice on your specific situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.