Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio

Q: If u tell ur job u can't do a job and its physically hurting you. But they make u do it till I get a doctor excuse

I've been at my job for 5 months with no problems they put me on a new job after a couple days my back started hurting I told my supervisor I couldn't do it and it was messing up my back and they said unfortunately you have to keep doing it until you get a doctor's excuse and now my back is really messed up it hurts Non-Stop I haven't seen a doctor yet but I'm going to is that legal for them to make you do a job you tell him you can't do I never asked to be put off my old job

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Peter James Carman
Mr. Peter James Carman
  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer

A: In Wisconsin,once you report a work injury as you have done as you describe above, any smart employer would report it immediately to their worker's compensation insurance carrier and take you off that job and refer you to be seen by a doctor of their, or your, selection without further delay. Ask your employer if they have reported your workplace occupational exposure back injury to their worker's compensation insurer, get the claim number, adjuster's name and contact information, and then get in to see an MD that specializes in occupational exposure back injuries right away without further delay. Good luck!

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.