Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Ohio Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: If my husband injured himself and work and the owner asked him to file it under his personal insurance ?

so there premiums don't go up can they do that.

James J. Hux answered on May 1, 2019

They could ask that, but it is suspicious behavior. That could be seen as attempting to dissuade your husband from workers' compensation, which is illegal. You and your husband should contact an employment law attorney as soon as possible and discuss your claim in more detail. Some will offer... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: I had a work injury and WC continues to deny the MRI I need. Will using personal insurance for MRI complicate anything?

I informed my doctor that it was a work injury and that it kept getting denied.

Matthew S Flemming answered on Jul 13, 2018

Depending on the time frame of the denial, you may be able to appeal the denial to the industrial commission. I would speak quickly with a Workers' Compensation attorney (there are many), to discuss your options. You could use personal insurance, however it can muddy the waters quite a bit for... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: I fell leaving work in parking lot ( not owned by my office). Sprained ankle along with torn ligaments

Posiible broken ankle and foot. Am I eligible for workman comp or coming and going laws?

Matthew S Flemming answered on Jan 8, 2018

This is a very factually specific question and cannot be answered without a further in-depth interview. I would certainly try to consult with a workers' compensation attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: I am a 50 year old truck driver. I've been on workers comp since I fell out of truck on January 31, 2017. Some of my inj

Was injured after falling from truck. Some of my additional allowances were denied by ic. Going to common pleas Court. My doctor has set surgery date for lumbar fusion. I am using my own insurance for this. He says I will also need surgery for neck. I have pre-trial set for November. Then jury... Read more »

Matthew S Flemming answered on Jan 8, 2018

If you do not have an attorney, I strongly recommend consulting with one prior to to trial. If there is not a doctor's deposition that testifies about the fall and the injuries it caused, there may be an issue showing what you need to in order to have your claim and the conditions you are seeking... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: I work in Ohio and sprained my wrist at work two weeks ago. Can I still report this injury to my boss for workers comp?

My wrist is getting worse and I may need to see a doctor. Is there a time limit to when I need to report my injury to my employer?

Peter N. Munsing answered on Mar 3, 2017

Yesterday. If it's too late for that now.

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: Can my wife sue her workplace?

Peter N. Munsing answered on Dec 7, 2016

Generally the only claim she has for an injury is workers compensation. However if her claim is related to the conditions of employment that may be something that is covered by the law. Suggest she contact a member of the Ohio Assn for Justice who handles Employment issues or Workers Compensation... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: Am i eligible I broke my ankle while walking to car in their driveway fell off step?

Matthew Williams answered on Jun 23, 2016

Eligible for what? Disability? There isn't enough information here. Whose driveway? Why were you there? Etc.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: I live in OHIO but work in PA and need a workers compensation attorney can i get a attorney from Ohio .

Can I use a Ohio attorney or do I have to get a attorney from PA.

Matthew Williams answered on Oct 6, 2015

You will most likely need an attorney who is licensed in PA. Particularly if you live close to border, there may be some Ohio based attorneys who are licensed in both states. Make some calls.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: I settled a workers comp claim and I have yet to receive my money but they closed my medical already.

Do they have to pay interest on my claim since they are taking so long to issue my check?

Ed Malek answered on May 5, 2015

Seek answers to these questions from an experienced immigration attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: My question is regarding my own situation. In 2007 I was incarserated for 4 days and was recieving temporary total comp.

My question is now obwc is trying to keep 4 days of what I was recieving after all that time. My injury lawyer represented me the other day and its being brought under interlacutory advisement. Just wanted to ask another opinion before the order comes out.

Matthew Williams answered on Feb 2, 2015

You need to speak with your attorney. He or she knows the fact. I don't. It's that simple. If they want to keep 4 days because you were in jail, and that's the end of it. It may be best to let sleeping dogs lie, but you need to consult with your attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Ohio on

Q: Can my lawyer settle a workers comp case without me present?

Matthew Williams answered on Jan 28, 2015

If you give your attorney authority to enter into a settlement arrangement, he or she should be able to settle a case on your behalf. You may be required to sign some documents, but that can be done through the mail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.