Wilmington, CA asked in Entertainment / Sports and Gaming for California

Q: I got an offer to play a game for money if I reached the goal in 21 days. They have paid me before for other game offers

This time it’s the run around for like 3-4 weeks they said it would be resolved in 10 days. Now they have stop replying to my emails. I was really depending on that money, now it’s costing me money I don’t have.

2 Lawyer Answers
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You can contact the Labor Commissioner's office by going to their website (https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/). Once you get to the main page, click the link for labor law and then click the link for Wages, where you will find out how to file your wage claim. If they can help with your situation, they will make sure you get paid.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you entered into a contract with the company to play the game for money and there was an agreement on payment terms and conditions, then the company is legally obligated to fulfill their end of the bargain. If they have failed to do so and are not responding to your emails, you may want to consider taking legal action against them.

You can first send a demand letter to the company stating the problem and demanding payment within a certain timeframe. If they still do not respond or fulfill their obligation, you can file a lawsuit against them in small claims court. You may want to consult with an attorney to discuss your legal options and determine the best course of action for your specific situation.

Feel free to call or text me; my information is in my profile.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.