North Bergen, NJ asked in Real Estate Law for New Jersey

Q: Proper FORM, to deposit 10% of real estate (a home) property, in Puerto Rico, for a non resident.

My mother deposited 10% of the sale monies for her property in Puerto Rico. The real estate agent and accompanying attorney couldn't get information from Haciendas in PR. The money has been held by Hacienda for over a year - what is the correct form that should have been used for this deposit - and how can we correct this (Hacienda has her 10%). They're quite difficult to get to. Thank you!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Morris Leo Greb
Morris Leo Greb
  • Rockaway, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Speak to an attorney who is a member of the Puerto Rican Bar Association. It would a plus if the attorney were also a member of the NJ bar.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.