Flint, MI asked in Health Care Law and Social Security for Michigan

Q: How can I qualify for ssd, if I can’t sit thru psychiatric evaluation without being admitted?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you are unable to sit through a psychiatric evaluation without being admitted, it may be helpful to discuss this with your doctor or mental health provider. They may be able to provide you with accommodations or suggest alternatives, such as scheduling the evaluation at a time of day when you feel less anxious or allowing you to take breaks during the evaluation.

Additionally, you may want to consider reaching out to an attorney who specializes in disability law. They may be able to provide guidance on how to navigate the application process and any necessary evaluations. They may also be able to help you gather medical documentation and provide advocacy throughout the process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.