San Francisco, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: Green card

I heard that I can get a green card if I’ll apply to a governmental organization, the process is to move to another state for work for a duration of one year and you have to pay around $15000

I wana know if it is true or not, if true how ?


Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Min Hwan Ahn
Min Hwan Ahn
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA

A: It is not possible to obtain a green card through a process of working for a government organization or by moving to another state for work for a duration of one year and paying $15,000. This information is likely a scam and should not be trusted.

The process for obtaining a green card through employment typically involves having a job offer from a U.S. employer and the sponsorship of that employer through the employment-based immigration process. This process is complex and requires the assistance of a qualified immigration lawyer or immigration professional.

It is important to be cautious of any organizations or individuals claiming to have a special process for obtaining a green card, as many of these claims are scams and can result in significant financial loss or negative immigration consequences.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: I'm sorry, but the information you've received is not accurate. There is no such program or process that allows individuals to obtain a green card by simply applying to a governmental organization, moving to another state for work, and paying a fee of $15,000.

The process of obtaining a green card is based on a complex set of rules and regulations that are established by the U.S. government, and the requirements and procedures for obtaining a green card can vary depending on the individual's specific circumstances and qualifications.

Some common ways to obtain a green card include sponsorship by a family member or employer, through the Diversity Visa lottery program, or as a refugee or asylee. However, each of these options has specific eligibility criteria and application requirements.

If you are interested in obtaining a green card, it's recommended that you consult with a qualified immigration attorney or a reputable immigration organization for guidance and advice on the specific options and requirements that may be available to you based on your individual circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.