Silver Spring, MD asked in Traffic Tickets for Maryland

Q: I got ticket charged with 13-411(f), but have record of renewal of 2023 and 2024. Should I contest in court?

I'm driving my brother's car and got ticket at parking lot. Ticket description: displaying expired LC plate, decal expired 2022. But I have record of renewing and did put sticker for 2023 (expired in March). Now the sticker isn't there and I was charged. Should I contest? What will I need?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Towson, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: Request a trial within 30 days and go to court. Bring proof that the tags were current and explain to the judge what happened. You should also replace the sticker and bring proof (a picture) of the new sticker. If the police officer appears, you will be acquitted. You can still have a trial even if the police officer is there and you may still be acquitted.

The ticket does not carry points.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.