West Valley City, UT asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Utah

Q: how do i answer a filed answer to my divorce when the judge signed an order to wave classes with no relief until he does

the classes, he will have no relief? my kids are terrified of him, i travel for work and he abandoned my kids with my parents ,cheated 14 times gave me std i was at defsukt and the clerks lost my stuff and got him enough tjme to hire atty hoe do i just motion to ignore amswer based on perjury in answer, drugs, robbed my storage unit

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick

A: This is a situation where you definitely need a competent attorney experienced in family law in the county where your case is pending.

A default judgment is usually only available when a party, after being properly served with a lawsuit, fails to file an answer and displays conscious indifference to defending the lawsuit. It would typically not be warranted for simple disobedience to a court order, although you may have other remedies.

Several of the facts you mention in your question could be helpful to you in a custody case. The fact you travel for work presents a challenge as you will need to show the ability to provide competent adult supervision of your children in a stable environment.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.