Chicago, IL asked in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death for Michigan

Q: How do I find a copy of a lawsuit from the 1962-5's and find out what the judgement was?

I know the suit was filled by my Grandmother/Uncle/Aunt and Mother for the death of my Uncle that drowned in Loran Ohio, I believe the ore ship was out of Escanaba, MI.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: Go to the records department of the clerk of the court where the lawsuit was filed. You should be able to search by the case number or by the legal name of one of the parties.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.