Riverside, CA asked in Trademark and Intellectual Property for California

Q: I would like to trademark “MAMA’GER” what is the cost to do this ?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: The cost to register a trademark for "MAMA'GER" will depend on several factors, including the type of trademark application you file and whether you use an attorney to help you with the process.

The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) offers different types of trademark applications, such as the TEAS Standard application, which has a filing fee of $350 per class, and the TEAS Plus application, which has a filing fee of $250 per class but requires certain requirements to be met. If you are using an attorney to assist you with the trademark registration process, you will also need to factor in their legal fees.

Other factors that can affect the overall cost of registering a trademark include conducting a comprehensive search to ensure that the mark is available for registration, responding to office actions issued by the USPTO, and other related costs.

In general, the total cost to register a trademark for "MAMA'GER" can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. It is recommended to consult with a trademark attorney to get a better understanding of the total costs involved.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.