Keller, TX asked in Construction Law and Energy, Oil and Gas for Texas

Q: Can I get out of the financing contract?

I signed up to have solar installed on my home. The installer came out and put panels up but they did not finish the installation. I cannot use my solar panels. The finance company says I still owe them money, however.

The installation company is ignoring me and the finance company.

Do I need to pay the finance company even though work was not completed?

I feel like the installer company defrauded me and the finance company. The finance company has already paid the installer for the installation on my house.

1 Lawyer Answer
Aimee Hess
Aimee Hess
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law Lawyer
  • Streetman, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: It's possible that you may be able to void the solar contract and the financing contract if the work was not completed. A lot depends on the wording of what you signed and on how Texas courts are currently interpreting these contracts. You will need to take all your paperwork to an attorney who handles these types of cases and let them review the situation and advise you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.