Oklahoma City, OK asked in Employment Law for Oklahoma

Q: What type of attorney handles chemical inhalation exposure from work?

My boss when against company policy and made me other employees use metal files, and other tools not suitable for the job.

My job makes large electrical resin boxes that go in the ground, and it contains unsaturated, poly resin, silica, and fiberglass. The person who normally grinds the boxes and has the proper PPE did not show up, so my supervisor made us do it by hand without the proper PPE.

I was 3 to 4 inches away from a 120° to 160° resin box that was emitting chemical fumes because I had to use tools and do a job that I was not trained or qualified for, and because I was only wearing an N 95 mask, I was breathing in toxic chemicals, and I was not allowed to use a respirator, because we have to go to a class for that and you have to be fitted. I also had fiberglass cuts on my arms, and I believe on my chest and stomach as well because I didn’t have the proper PPE.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You can start by reporting your experience to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). If you'd like to further consult with an attorney regarding this matter, an Oklahoma employment or personal injury attorney would likely be the best fit for your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.