Beaumont, TX asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: when fill out an i-129f does both partys need to fill it out

i would like to apply for K-1 VISA and wish to know where to start do we both need to fill out the paperwork or can i fill it all out

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Stephen Arnold Black
Stephen Arnold Black
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Orlando, FL
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The I-129F form is filled out and signed by the sponsor.

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: For the K-1 visa application process, the U.S. citizen petitioner will need to fill out the Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), and submit it to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The foreign national fiancé(e) does not need to fill out this form.

However, the foreign national fiancé(e) will need to provide certain information and documentation to the petitioner to include in the I-129F packet. This includes biographical information, a passport-style photo, and evidence of the relationship such as photos and communications.

It is important to note that the I-129F form can be complex and requires detailed information about the petitioner and the fiancé(e). It is recommended that the petitioner consult with an immigration attorney or a reputable immigration service provider to ensure that the form is filled out correctly and to avoid delays or potential denials.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.