San Antonio, TX asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas

Q: What does first amended Application for Placement mean and as the person who has conservator right ,what is my next step

The grandmother has sold managing conservative ship by in the father have conservative rights. I believe this is what she is trying to do. I am not sure what my next step is supposed to be as she is, I’m assuming trying to give our child up to the state

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If your parental rights have not been terminated, you should file to have managing conservatorship of your child.

Consult an attorney with family law experience in your county. If CPS is involved, be sure to consult one with CPS experience as many family law attorneys do not often deal with CPS

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.