Tulsa, OK asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: I'm 17 in less than a month, I was told that I'm legally able to move out in Oklahoma. Is this true? I need out

I need to move out before I'm 18 because I could do more for myself if I was able to be somewhere else. I don't have a job, and can't because I still have no Social Security card or CDIB and I had my aunt order my birth certificate bc if I ask my mom she'll forget and get mad when I keep asking. All I do everyday is sit at home she agreed to pay me to babysit my siblings and I have only gotten $120, and then $55. She made me miss my birth control appointment and never rescheduled again, hasn't called to check about my dentist appointment to see when it is or anything. My aunt told her I needed hangers (1st time she paid me) and I hadn't been wanting to talk about my relationship with her she said "since she wants to act grown she can go get them herself." Etc. That's just since I've been back living with her not throughout my life. I need out please help me. I've already tried asking to move out.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: In Oklahoma, you become an adult at the age of eighteen and at that time a person can make their own decisions.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.