Asked in Civil Rights and Landlord - Tenant for Texas

Q: A head injured friend was given 9 days to vacate a recovery facility no clear cause was given. Other than having potatoe

He is bipolar and head injured and also has issues with memory, verbalizing, motor skills and mobility. He simply is physically unable to vacate in so little time. Is this permissible given his disabilities?

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Your best recourse is to report the facility to APS (Adult Protective Services) on your friend’s behalf.

You may also want to consider seeking to be appointed as the guardian of your friend’s person until he/she has recovered enough to take care of themself.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.