Salt Lake City, UT asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Idaho

Q: How could i go about finding out if my 2nd amendment rights have been restored or not? I completed my probation 4/02/21

My question is in regards to idaho legislative statute 18-310 (2). My felony is not listed under the list of charges that disqualify you from immediate restoration of 2a rights

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you have completed your probation, you may be eligible to have your firearm rights restored. However, the process and requirements for restoration of firearm rights vary by state. You should check the laws of your specific state to determine the process and requirements for restoring your firearm rights.

In Idaho, you can contact the Idaho State Police to determine the status of your firearm rights. They may be able to provide information on whether your rights have been restored or if there are any restrictions on your ability to possess firearms. You may also want to consult with a local attorney who can advise you on the specific steps you need to take to restore your firearm rights in Idaho.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.