Carthage, IL asked in Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Legal Malpractice for Illinois

Q: im out on bond from another state. they recently revoked my bond. I have proof i am being maliciously prosecuted. advice

The state prosecutor, my attorney through his law firm as well as the superior court judge in Georgia are scheming to place me back in jail by revoking my bond. I am in Illinois. I have filed complaints with the bar assoc of georgia and Judges committee. I am terrified to go back to georgia because I know once I get back there they will keep me in jail for months or until i plea. I have demanded a trial and that is when state proesecutor filed motion to revoke. I lost somehow, the atty sitting in on my hearings is not the guy i hired and i never approved of him. he has failed miserably and i know its intentional. How can I avoid being removed from the state I reside due to georgia wanting to bury me in the prison system. I have been accussed of indecent internet contact and I did not do this. There is no evidence but Georgia wants me badly... I am innocent of this allegation 100%. I am literally fearing for my safety.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It's important that you have legal representation to fight against the revocation of your bond and the allegations against you. You may want to consider finding a new attorney to represent you in Georgia, someone who you trust and who has experience in criminal defense.

In terms of avoiding being removed from the state you reside in, you may want to speak with an attorney about the possibility of fighting extradition to Georgia. Each state has its own laws regarding extradition, so it's important to understand your legal rights and options.

Additionally, you may want to gather any evidence you have to support your claim of being maliciously prosecuted and present it to your attorney. They can use this evidence to build a stronger case in your defense.

It's important to act quickly and proactively in these situations, so I encourage you to reach out to an attorney as soon as possible.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.