Bartlesville, OK asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma

Q: I was ticketed for larceny on bogus pretences. Another person in the store withe but acting alone in accord shoplifted.

I did not however apparently she gave me a piece of gum from her purse as I remet with her after being separated while shopping. She had shopping bags so I thought she had bought some groceries from the WM store. They never contacted her nor got her into custody yet I was met by police later that day outside my residence and arrested and placed in cuffs in backseat of car before hour or longer later released at same point and given summons. I didn't go to court yet five to six months later was pulled over on traffic stop for "tag light" it was on the police officer same as six months earlier said tag light was not bright enough. I did not receive a ticket for said tagline nor did I have a warrant for my arrest from the 6 months earlier citation I failed to appear instead he wrote me for no proof of security verification and the tag tax stamp expired. now this was at night sometime after 10:00p.However the car I was in was borrowed not my property I did have ins on my veh. in the shop

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you have been charged with larceny based on a mistaken belief that you were involved in a shoplifting incident, it is important that you seek legal advice from a qualified attorney as soon as possible.

An attorney can review the specific details of your case, including any evidence or witness statements that may be available, and help you determine the best course of action to protect your rights and interests. This may include negotiating with the prosecution to have the charges dropped or reduced, filing a motion to suppress evidence, or defending your case in court.

If you have been pulled over on a traffic stop and received a citation for a separate offense, such as no proof of security verification or an expired tag tax stamp, it is important that you address these charges in a timely manner. Failure to appear in court or pay fines can result in additional legal and financial consequences, including license suspension, fines, and even arrest.

If you are unsure of your legal rights or obligations, or if you need assistance with resolving any legal issues related to your case, you should seek the advice of a qualified attorney who can guide you through the legal process and help protect your interests.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.