New York, NY asked in Car Accidents and Personal Injury for Connecticut

Q: Is a second injury a detriment to my case?

My daughter was hit by a car while crossing the street (at a crosswalk) on her way home from school. (Driver was speeding and ran a stop sign) We are compiling a case to sue (doctors & physical therapy appointments, etc.). She is in physical therapy still and was hit while crossing the street again. (Also at a cross walk) Less than a month after the first incident. (2nd driver was also speeding). Am I able to sue both drivers or will this second incident hurt my case?

1 Lawyer Answer
Bill Beckert
Bill Beckert
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Plainville, CT
  • Licensed in Connecticut

A: Good afternoon!

You absolutely can sue both drivers. Both cases could be consolidated if the evidence suggested that to be the correct course of action. To fully answer your question I would need to know more about y our daughter's injuries and treatment for both cases. I would be happy to discuss thisvoer the phone with you at your convenience.

My number is 860-351-5254

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.