Henderson, NV asked in Constitutional Law and Civil Rights for Nevada

Q: Is it legal for a person to access my personal housing info without my consent. Is this a no disclosure with consent

i.e. deed, amt owing, etc no disclosure without consent.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It depends on the specific laws and regulations in your state or country regarding privacy and data protection. In general, access to personal housing information may be limited to authorized parties such as government agencies, banks, or other parties with a legitimate interest in the property. However, unauthorized access or disclosure of personal housing information may be illegal and may violate your privacy rights. You may wish to consult with a lawyer or housing authority in your area to learn more about your rights and options for recourse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.