Boca Raton, FL asked in Traffic Tickets for Florida

Q: Hello. My father got a traffic ticket (316.1995 DRIVE ON SIDEWALK/ BIKE PATH) when was driving a motorcycle (scooter)

My father got a traffic ticket (316.1995 DRIVE ON SIDEWALK/ BIKE PATH) while driving a motorcycle (scooter). For some reason, the traffic ticket contains only my data as the owner (such as DL#, my first and last name, and address), and there is no data on my father although he provided his DL to the police officer. Does this mean that penalty and record of the violation will apply to me?

P.S. It was in Florida.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard
  • Freeeport, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If the prosecution can prove that it was you who committed the violation, yes, the conviction will apply to you. If, on the other hand, you contest the ticket and the prosecution is unable to prove that it was you, the prosecution will not prevail against you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.