Pearland, TX asked in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Texas

Q: How can a dentist, (reported and suspended twice, and another report) keep practicing?

#19 was crowned, pain ignored. Year later, new dentist was appalled at the pain & crown on wrong. Dental college was shocked, & agreed w/mercury poisoning (killed my Service Dog), I wasn't expected to live. 5 Amalgams out to quick, as my chart was not read, and NO protocol followed for Chronic Pain, nor removing mercury. Changed dental records, (I was warned). All dental charts turned in, all points to him doing #19. Attitude of ADA was unprofessional. Coming from the medical profession, I keep charts, and am still under treatment (2018). I am left without help for med bills, & he is still hurting patients. This would never pass within the Medical Board. Why is he protected? Why does his office protect him? Why is our city protecting him? I have lost years and more off of my life, yet he has proven his inabilities. My PCP would love to get her hands on someone to discuss. EPA, OSHA, was contacted. Doctors are aware of incompetence. Lawyers won't touch it, even w/obvious charts.

1 Lawyer Answer
John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
  • Frisco, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: If a professional is suspended by their licensing board but practices their profession anyway during the period of their suspension, they could face civil fines, the revocation of their license to practice, and in some cases, criminal penalties for practicing without a license.

If your dentist was practicing dentistry on you during their suspension, you should immediately file a complaint with the Texas Board of Dentistry.

In many instances, suspensions are only temporary based on the nature of the violation which resulted in the suspension. Once the period prescribed has passed, the professional can resume practicing their profession.

It is unlikely that prior suspensions will be admissible in any civil suit for malpractice because evidence of prior bad acts are inadmissible to show that a defendant acted the same way in a subsequent circumstance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.