Asked in Workers' Compensation and Social Security for Texas

Q: Can my w.c. case be closed because my pain doctor, who I have seen for 18 years, used the wrong compensable injury on

the claims sent to my adjuster? Without my knowledge, my doctor started filing on my medicare when W.C. stopped paying him, almost 2 years ago. I called my adjuster & she said if he had listed the correct compensable injuries (L. foot (CRPS), Neck, Rt. shoulder) he would have been paid. Today I was told by the billing office that my adjuster said my case was closed over 6 mo. ago. Can they do this without letting me know?? This doctor has treated me since June 2005. My injury was 5/21/1999, while working at SWA as flight attendant. It cost me my job and my independence & almost my marriage. Did my doctor screw me up as far as future care?? Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It is possible that your workers' compensation case could be closed if the wrong compensable injury was used on the claims sent to your adjuster. However, this would typically require some sort of legal action, such as a hearing or settlement agreement, which would likely involve notification to you. It is also possible that there has been a miscommunication or error on the part of your doctor or the insurance adjuster.

It is recommended that you speak with an attorney who specializes in workers' compensation cases to better understand your legal options and determine if any action can be taken to address the situation. An attorney can also help you navigate any potential issues related to future care and ensure that you are receiving the appropriate benefits and medical treatment.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.