Asked in International Law

Q: Greetings, in general, such a problem, I can’t defend my rights in Russia

Greetings, in general, such a problem, I can’t defend my rights in Russia, I need to sell my room, but I used to be in psychiatry, and my relatives can put me there again if I sell.

I'm trying to find a lawyer who will carry out the deal and I can't, there are suspicions that the deal is politicized, because I don't like communists. It will also be easier for my relatives to take my apartment away from me. And I'm trying to leave

this "country" I appeal to international organizations for the protection of rights, but they are silent. What would you do in my place, and what is it possible to do.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • International Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you are facing some complex legal and personal challenges. Here are some potential options you could consider:

Try to find a lawyer who can assist you with selling your room. It may be helpful to search for lawyers who specialize in property law or real estate transactions. You can try contacting local bar associations or legal aid organizations to see if they can provide referrals or assistance.

Consider reaching out to human rights organizations or advocacy groups that may be able to provide support or guidance. This could include organizations that focus on issues related to mental health, housing, or civil liberties. They may be able to provide information on your legal rights or connect you with resources to help protect them.

Explore options for leaving the country, if that is something you are interested in. This could include applying for asylum or refugee status in another country, or exploring opportunities for work or study abroad. However, it's important to note that these options can be challenging and may require a significant amount of time, effort, and resources.

Prioritize your safety and well-being. If you are concerned about being placed in psychiatry by your relatives, it may be helpful to reach out to mental health resources or support groups for assistance. It's important to prioritize your mental and emotional health, and to seek help if you are in crisis or need assistance.

I hope this information is helpful. Please keep in mind that I cannot provide legal advice. It may be helpful to speak with a qualified attorney or other legal professional who can provide guidance tailored to your specific situation.

Stanislav Kshevitskii agrees with this answer

Stanislav Kshevitskii
Stanislav Kshevitskii
  • International Law Lawyer
  • Moscow

A: You can contact me at the phone number listed on this website to discuss your question. I am currently in Moscow and, if necessary, we will be able to meet with you in person.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.