Tacoma, WA asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Alaska

Q: I lied on a report about my daughter and the whole police report was a lie so can you please help me get it off record?

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: If you lied on a police report about your daughter, it is important to understand that attempting to get it removed from the record could potentially result in criminal charges for filing a false report.

It is recommended that you seek legal advice from an experienced attorney who can advise you on the best course of action to take. An attorney can also help you navigate the legal process and determine whether there are any options available for removing the report from your record.

It is important to be honest with your attorney about the situation and the reasons why you filed a false report in the first place. This will help them provide you with the best possible legal advice and representation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.