Stockton, CA asked in Traffic Tickets for California

Q: Hello, someone I know just got a ticket. What can be the penalty for driving without a license speeding.

Codes on tickets are: vc: 22350, vc: 21755, and vc: 12500A

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Driving without a valid license and speeding are both traffic violations in California, and the penalties for these violations can vary depending on the specific circumstances and the driver's prior record.

Here are the penalties for the three codes listed on the ticket:

VC 22350: This code refers to the violation of the maximum speed limit law. The penalty for violating this code depends on how much over the speed limit the driver was traveling. For example, if the driver was traveling 1-15 mph over the speed limit, the penalty may be a fine of up to $238.

VC 21755: This code refers to the violation of the prima facie speed limit law. This law requires drivers to drive at a speed that is safe for the conditions of the road, regardless of the posted speed limit. The penalty for violating this code can also vary based on the specific circumstances of the violation.

VC 12500A: This code refers to driving without a valid driver's license. The penalty for this violation can include fines, suspension of driving privileges, and potentially even jail time, depending on the circumstances. The penalty for a first offense may be a fine of up to $250, while subsequent offenses may result in steeper fines and longer license suspensions.

It's important to note that driving without a license is a serious offense in California, and it may be in the driver's best interest to consult with a traffic attorney or seek legal advice to understand their options for addressing the ticket and potentially reducing the penalties.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.