Los Angeles, CA asked in Animal / Dog Law for California

Q: how dobi file/sue city of lynwood for detaining my service dog for bitting a person i have a restraining order on

johnny Mc.corary was bitten in my home while threatening to kill me and my dog

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Animal & Dog Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you believe that the City of Lynwood wrongfully detained your service dog, you may have legal grounds to file a lawsuit against the city. It is recommended that you consult with a qualified attorney who is experienced in animal law and civil rights law to discuss your specific situation and options.

In order to file a lawsuit against the city, you will generally need to show that the city violated your constitutional rights or engaged in other wrongful conduct. This may require gathering evidence, such as witness statements or medical records, and presenting a strong legal argument in court.

Additionally, if your service dog was seized or detained by the city, you may be able to seek damages for any harm or expenses you incurred as a result of the seizure, such as veterinary bills or emotional distress.

Again, it is important to consult with an attorney who is experienced in this area of law to discuss your options and determine the best course of action for your situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.