Broken Arrow, OK asked in Adoption, Child Custody and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: My cousin is wanting to give me her unborn child because her and her husband are unable to care for her.

They are in AZ but willing to come to Oklahoma to have the baby. Where do I start? How do I bring home the baby when she is born

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: If she comes here to have the baby then you will most likely avoid the legal issues of multiple states and thus making it easier and cheaper for you. Kinship adoptions are a fairly simple procedure and most adoption attorneys can assist you and most of us will give a free phone consult to make sure we are advising you the best course of action for your specific case.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.