Asked in Criminal Law for Florida

Q: How would I present this to a judge is there a legal statue that can be addressed?

Also, doe the motion of discovery have to be granted before this comes in affect? What is the correct procedure

A) motion of discovery

B) motion of discovery granted

Or is a simple m.o.d. enough?

On same day a PUBLIC DEFENDER ASSIGNED.....and a few days later a MOTION FOR APPOINTMENT OF CONFLICT COUNSEL arises....does the motion for discovery start over with new council

A: The time period for the State to comply with discovery obligations begins when the original demand is filed, regardless of a new attorney being appointed.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan Blecher
Jonathan Blecher pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Coral Gables, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: The proper form is "Notice of Intent to Participate in Discovery, Rule 3.220". The judge doesn't have to grant it, as its a Notice not a Motion. Filing the Notice triggers responsibilities on each of the parties (State and Defense). A lawyer will know how to deal with the details.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.