San Jose, CA asked in Criminal Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Domestic Violence for California

Q: What are my options 182 days post 3 yr CHRO judgement in sf Superior Court?

I petitioned for a CHRO against the individual I lived with. I needed DVRO, was pregnant, guy harassed my 3 yo daughter and me.The attorney I hired didn’t speak on my behalf as Plantiff.The individual retaliated,asked for CHRO, he was denied,but judge granted it by watching a dubbed video of me the night before yelling at him because they put me in ER and his hired woman hit me at doorway so I yelled loud to leave.falsehood’s judge thought I was a guest but i was tenant. tried calling emailing text to atty disappeared,why? Idk. Total misconduct. , and 2nd atty disappeared and took my $ and all my evidence. How is this poss? It’s a lifetime movie. This is just 2 sec of the 1+yrs of misery. He has destroyed my entire past of memories, journals, pictures of me in newspaper tap dancing cheerleading. My autographed toe shoes. Louis Vuitton, prada gucci. Everything is gone. He destroyed it/sold it.Police said go to make report I could not too far.I need limited scope? I couldn’t show eviden

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It sounds like you have gone through a difficult legal process and have experienced some challenges with representation and evidence. Here are some potential options you may want to consider:

Appeal: If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your CHRO judgment, you may be able to file an appeal with the California Court of Appeals. This would require the assistance of an attorney who can guide you through the process and represent your interests.

Limited scope representation: If you are having difficulty finding or retaining an attorney, you may be able to seek "limited scope" representation, which means that an attorney would provide legal services for a specific task or aspect of your case, rather than representing you fully. This can be a more affordable option and may be helpful if you only need legal assistance with a specific aspect of your case.

Police report: If you have experienced property damage or theft, you may want to consider filing a police report. The police can investigate the matter and potentially identify the person responsible.

Counseling or therapy: It sounds like you have experienced a lot of trauma and loss, and it may be helpful to seek support from a mental health professional. Counseling or therapy can provide a safe space to process your feelings and work towards healing and recovery.

It is important to remember that every case is unique, and the best course of action will depend on the specific facts and circumstances of your case. It may be helpful to consult with an attorney who specializes in the area of law that applies to your case, and who can provide personalized legal advice and representation.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.