Kissimmee, FL asked in Car Accidents and Insurance Defense for Florida

Q: What can my parents do protect him and themselves since the car is in their name and they provide insurance?

My little brother just got his license was already involved in a hit and run. The other driver took off before the cops were contacted and a report was never made because my brother panicked and he also left the scene of the accident. The damages are estimated to be around $2000.

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles M.  Baron
Charles M. Baron
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Hollywood, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: [Re-posting due to typo in prior post] You need to clarify your inquiry regarding "took off before the cops were contacted". Someone called 911 and gave identifying info, and then both drivers fled? Or the police were never called? The drivers can ID each other, or not? If no one ID'd anybody, no one called an insurance company, and no one but your family knows about this, what "protection" are you concerned about?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.