Annandale, NJ asked in Domestic Violence and Family Law for New Jersey

Q: What am I entitled to under the Domestic Violence laws?

I don't know the DV laws very well. I am aware of restraining orders and possible monetary reparations. Is there anything else I can do?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Leonard R. Boyer
Leonard R. Boyer pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Clifton, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Domestic Violence restraining orders are life altering. Having a Final Restraining Order entered against you prevents you from being able to have a normal life. If you are seeking to have a restraining order entered against you or have to defending against one then you need to retain the best matrimonial attorney you can afford with extensive Domestic Violence trial experience. With modern technology there are no longer any geographic limitations on where you can find the attorney

Bari Weinberger
Bari Weinberger
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Parsippany, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: Thank you for your question. Domestic Violence is very serious in New Jersey. More facts of your case is required in order to provide you with any additional options. The analysis of available remedies to victims are fact dependent and must be carefully analyzed on a case-by-case basis. I strongly suggest you contact a family law attorney to discuss your rights and options and provide the specific facts of your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.