Sacramento, CA asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Nevada

Q: what do I do if the opposing party filed a stipulation with family courts that had your signature but you never signed?

So My ex husband has a long history of filing ficticious documents with the washoe county court system and they eat it up every time. My signature was recently forged on a stipulation submitted by him and it was granted by our judge

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Janice Jacovino
Janice Jacovino
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Las Vegas, NV
  • Licensed in Nevada

A: You would have to file a Motion to Set Aside the Stipulation and Order with the court stating the same.

You will both have your opportunity to argue your side. If neither of neither of you have proof, him that you signed, and you that you did not, then the judge will may have hard time figuring out who is not being truthful but this gives you a chance to be heard.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.