Massillon, OH asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Ohio

Q: I am wanting to legally sepe/divorce from my husband and we have minor children I would like support ordered for him to

I'm not able to afford and honestly don't even know where to start to get the process going

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Terminating a marriage is a difficult decision to make, even more so with children. If you file for divorce, you could ask the court for temporary child support, temporary spousal support, and for your spouse to pay your attorney fees while the divorce is in process. Use the Find a Lawyer tab to talk to some local domestic relations attorneys who can talk with you about the divorce process and answer your questions to help you decide. Many attorneys offer free consultations. After talking with some, then you can select an attorney with whom you feel comfortable.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.