Fremont, CA asked in Family Law and Public Benefits for California

Q: My brother is autistic and we don't get much pay or hours (IHSS) for what is needed at home. can we take it to court?

or what lawyer should we talk too about this. My Brother needs full time care and i wanna see if they will pay me a job salary to care at home for him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You may want to consider speaking with an attorney who specializes in disability law or elder law. They can provide you with guidance on your options for seeking compensation for providing care for your brother. You can also reach out to your local Legal Aid office or advocacy groups for people with disabilities for more information and resources. Keep in mind that the process may involve proving that your brother requires full-time care and that you are qualified and capable of providing that care.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.