Honolulu, HI asked in Workers' Compensation for Hawaii

Q: I have a federal case with Safeway and I need help. How do I find an attorney for a federal case?

I was working for a company other than Safeway. When I fell in a Safeway while their store was under construction, I need help. There were many people involved in this case so I’m not sure what attorneys can help me due to conflict of interest.,, and due to my head injury I have a had a hard time comprehending what to do. I need help. To see if I even have a case I feel I do, and will explain in greater detail. I live on Maui, but the federal court is on Oahu.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: First, you need a workers compensation attorney to address your claim against your employer for your on-the-job injury. This will be how you get compensation for any missed work and get your medical bills paid.

Second, you need a Hawaii lawyer who is admitted to the Oahu federal district court who practices in the area of construction accidents. Construction accidents are a particular subset of personal injury that requires more substantial knowledge of contract law, subrogation, and agency than a typical PI case.

I represent property owners, general contractors and subcontractors frequently in construction accidents and run-of-the-mill personal injury lawyers (whom are lovingly referred to as ambulance chasers) often get hammered because they fail to appreciate the difference between a simple car wreck and a construction accident case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.