Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Workers' Compensation legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Hawaii Workers' Compensation Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Hawaii on
Q: I have a federal case with Safeway and I need help. How do I find an attorney for a federal case?

I was working for a company other than Safeway. When I fell in a Safeway while their store was under construction, I need help. There were many people involved in this case so I’m not sure what attorneys can help me due to conflict of interest.,, and due to my head injury I have a had a hard time... View More

John Michael Frick
John Michael Frick
answered on Apr 2, 2023

First, you need a workers compensation attorney to address your claim against your employer for your on-the-job injury. This will be how you get compensation for any missed work and get your medical bills paid.

Second, you need a Hawaii lawyer who is admitted to the Oahu federal district...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Hawaii on
Q: Toxic work place suffered a psychological injury.Is a psychological injury a disability?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jan 4, 2023

A Hawaii attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for three weeks. At this point, you could reach out to workers' comp and disability attorneys in Hawaii to try to set up free initial consults to discuss. You could search attorneys on your own, and there's a tab above,... View More

Q: My Workers' Compensation Atty never communicates or knows me. Feel unrepresented. Wrongful doings by my claims adjuster.

Employee injured/disabled; neuro spinal surgery done with more damaged nerves.

Claim's adjuster biased and fabrication in reports and proofs to Atty with no response. Lots of INTENTIONAL HIPPA VIOLATIONS DONE.

Joel Gary Selik
Joel Gary Selik
answered on Feb 6, 2023

Try to discuss your concerns with your attorney. If you are not satisfied, consult with other attorneys on taking over the case. You may want to hire a new attorney before firing your current attorney.

Note, this is only general information, not legal advice. Consult an attorney in your state.

1 Answer | Asked in Libel & Slander, Personal Injury and Workers' Compensation for Hawaii on
Q: Why cant I find a workers comp, attorney in Hawaii? almost 3 years now

I had them up to 35k without one. They denied, delayed, blocked a legit claim. Now Im destroyed.

Tim Rose
Tim Rose pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 27, 2022

Check out they have many attorneys in Hawaii that service workers' compensation claims. Good luck.

1 Answer | Asked in Workers' Compensation for Hawaii on
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Jun 12, 2022

A Hawaii attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry about your ordeal. You could reach out to employment attorneys about the pension issues at this point, unless you want to try reposting under the Employment Law category. If you do not have a... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.