Hinesville, GA asked in Probate for Arizona

Q: Is the case closed? Was money awarded? Is he trying to settle with insurance companies outside of court now that hes PR?

The site only allows so many words so I will summarize

Important to know:


I moved before probate started due to harassment from brother.

I had mail forwarded before probate.

Probate started.

They signed document stating they sent to last known address.

I never received it. I have Informed Delivery as evidence.

They could not find me.

They have both my email and phone number.

two months before probate started they attempted to get me to sign a renunciation of rights form via email. We had a cold exchange.

I contacted their lawyer.

I was mailed documents stating he was appointed as PR without restriction.

Total value is estimated at "Unknown" stating "Insurance proceeds are to be issued, but unknown if payee will be decadent or heirs."

Probate case now says Status: Disposed - Other Disposed

Is the case closed? Was money awarded? Is he trying to settle with insurance companies outside of court now that he is PR? Can I stop this?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: There is no way to know from the information you provided.

You need to hire a lawyer in or near the county where the probate occurred to check the probate court records on your behalf.

Andre L. Pennington agrees with this answer

Andre L. Pennington
Andre L. Pennington
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Surprise, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: You’d need to check the court records. You are entitled to see all filings. You may want to hire an experienced probate lawyer to assist as well. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.